Jennifer's Books

This blog is a weblog by Jennifer about books she's read, favorite books, books she wants to read. Anything book related! Don't forget to check out "The Last Movie I Saw" on the right hand side.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Little Altars Everywhere

by Rebecca Wells

I listened to the abridged version of this book. It was read by the author, she is a great reader! Her depth of voice for each character was really good.

Having not read The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood, I was not hindered at all with the plot. The mother Vivi is not the main character but her daughter Sidda is. It is a great story of childhood and family in the early 60s and then the issues that surrounded them during that time period. The book wraps up with a reflection of each character in the early 90's.

A good fast read or listen, I recommend it for a light summer book.

4 of 5 rating

2 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I agree but I think the list inform should secure more info then it has.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home