Jennifer's Books

This blog is a weblog by Jennifer about books she's read, favorite books, books she wants to read. Anything book related! Don't forget to check out "The Last Movie I Saw" on the right hand side.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Distinguished Speaker Series

Saturday night my husband and I went to the farmlands of Geauga County Ohio to hear C.J. Box speak as part of the Geauga County Libraries Distinguished Speaker Series.

We really braved rain and snow and the darkness... out in the country they don't have many street lights!

It was worth it! He was very funny. He talked about how and why he got started writing and his character Joe Pickett and what was to come in his writing. My husband bought the latest mystery and had it signed (he was first in line!).

He had some great comments on being a writer and how it may take awhile but sometimes it pays off. He also gave background on what the main governmental or environmental issue of his stories were.

If you haven't read his books, my husband highly recommends them!
[The Joe Pickett Mystery series]
Open Season
Savage Run
Winterkill
Trophy Hunt
Out of Range
In Plain Sight
Free Fire
Blood Trail
Below Zero (Due out in May 2009)

He now has 2 stand alone books:
Blue Heaven
Three Weeks to Say Goodbye (Due out in January)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Bella Foxx said…

    I am glad you had a good time. I noticed you are following my new blog. I decided with all the reading I am doing and joining challenges, it was time to start a book blog to keep them all straight.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home