Jennifer's Books

This blog is a weblog by Jennifer about books she's read, favorite books, books she wants to read. Anything book related! Don't forget to check out "The Last Movie I Saw" on the right hand side.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Unthinkable: Who Survives When Disaster Strikes - and Why

by Amanda Ripley

WOW! This was a great book! I found it truly fascinating and it has changed my awareness and especially things I do when I travel by air.

This book on CD is well read and Amanda did her research. She talks about the 3 phases of survival in crisis - DENIAL, DELIBERATION, and DECISION.

Throughout the book Amanda interviews survivors of many incidents from the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center to the Tsunami in Thailand to many airline wrecks. I just can't say enough about how much I enjoyed this book and how I will try to buy my own copy for reference.

You can read more on the book website at http://www.theunthinkable.com/

5 of 5 rating

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home