Jennifer's Books

This blog is a weblog by Jennifer about books she's read, favorite books, books she wants to read. Anything book related! Don't forget to check out "The Last Movie I Saw" on the right hand side.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Reading by flashlight

Do you remember the days when you were a kid and you used to read with a flashlight under the covers in bed because you were supposed to be sleeping?

Well, here in Northeast Ohio we had the biggest wind storm, remnants of Hurrican Ike, Sunday evening which knocked out power to some 500,000 or more people. My house was one of them! So for the past few nights I have been reading by flashlight before going to bed. My eyes aren't as good as when I was young so they got tired faster but without power what else is there to do but read by candlelight or flashlight. My Dad read the paper by candlelight or he read it before work next to the window by natural light.

The power came on today, Wednesday, midday so we can read again like we do in the 21st century.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Bella Foxx said…

    Hi not a comment about your blog. I just wanted to let you know that I had to make a new blog due to template problems.

    My new blog is Bella Foxx's NEW Life

     

Post a Comment

<< Home