Jennifer's Books

This blog is a weblog by Jennifer about books she's read, favorite books, books she wants to read. Anything book related! Don't forget to check out "The Last Movie I Saw" on the right hand side.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Nothing....

Still reading Snowflower and the Secret Fan. It's just kind of slow and not grabbing me but I think that's my life right now too.

I have constructed in my head how my office will look in the new house. It is a bedroom so a nice square size and it has a cutout for the closet which we probably won't need to use much, so I think I am going to put in a comfy chair and lamp and make a reading corner there. Then bookshelves and desk/computer will be on the other side of the room. The other nice thing is the office will be on the second floor in this house. It was off the dining room and long and narrow in our old house so it wasn't very cozy and tended to always look full and messy no matter how clean it got.

My Utah book club picked Lazy B: Living on a ranch in the American Southwest by Sandra Day O'Connor. I requested it already on bookmooch so hopefully I'll get it soon... not sure I'll get to reading it :-) but I can see what it's about.

I haven't gotten a library card yet either since we don't have an address and stuff I figured I'd wait. I did go and check it out. I may sign up to take a Basic Geneology class in October for something fun to do! The adult section is as I remember it :-)
They have lots of things there, meetings, and book signings, etc. their One Community/One Book is Nisei Daughter by Monica Sone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home