Jennifer's Books

This blog is a weblog by Jennifer about books she's read, favorite books, books she wants to read. Anything book related! Don't forget to check out "The Last Movie I Saw" on the right hand side.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Excited about Book Discussion at Library

I am very excited! I am planning to go to a panel discussion on the One Community/One Book that was been selected.

The book is Nisei Daughter by Monica Sone. She is a second generation Japanese immigrant who grew up in the Seattle area and spent time in a Japanese internment camp in World War II.

I really liked the book When the Emperor Was Divine by Julie Otsuka which was the One County/One Book program in Salt Lake County last year. It made me do some more research on the Japanese camps in the US since I was not aware of that until I read this book. There was a camp in Utah called Topaz and I watched a PBS documentary about that too.

I hope I can get her book read beforehand and if she's there I may see if she can sign it for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home