Jennifer's Books

This blog is a weblog by Jennifer about books she's read, favorite books, books she wants to read. Anything book related! Don't forget to check out "The Last Movie I Saw" on the right hand side.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Red Tent

I just finished The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. It was a wonderful story about women. I enjoyed learning the culture of the time. It was interesting how women could have leadership and power but not have it at the same time. The last chapter Egypt took me awhile to read but after reading it all I liked how the author made the book come full circle.

I am now reading the same story in the Bible. It starts at Genesis chapter 29 when Rachel meets Jacob at the well. I was curious how much was written around these stories.

My Rating: 4 of 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home