Jennifer's Books

This blog is a weblog by Jennifer about books she's read, favorite books, books she wants to read. Anything book related! Don't forget to check out "The Last Movie I Saw" on the right hand side.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year New booklist

I am currently reading The Red Tent by Anita Diamante which is very good and interesting. I don't know much about the Old Testament culture and find it pretty fascinating.

My next read is Ice Station by Matthew Reilly for my ACS book club.


Over the Holidays I received quite a few book gifts, trades, and bargains.

Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde - bargain bin
(4th in a series called Thursday Next novels)

The Witching Hour and Lasher by Ann Rice -- trade
See No Evil by Robert Baer -- bookmooch trade
(the movie Syriana is based on this book)

Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg - gift
The Other Bolyen Girl by Phillippa Gregory - gift
Butch Cassidy: A Biography by Richard Patterson - gift
Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig- gift


"So many books, so little time"

Update: I did not read more than about 10 pages in The Witching Hour but I do intend to, as I received it in trade to put on my To Be Read (TBR) list.
I did not finish The House of Spirits while it was a good book, it just dragged so much I felt I needed some light reading thus my plunge into The Mist and Skipping Christmas, and Memory Keepers Daughter.

2007 Books Read:
The House on Mango Street - Sandra Cisneros
The Haunting of Hill House - Shirley Jackson
Heart Shaped Box - Joe Hill
Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
20th Century Ghosts -Joe Hill
The Mist - Stephen King
The Memory Keepers Daughter - Kim Edwards
Skipping Christmas - John Grisham

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home