Jennifer's Books

This blog is a weblog by Jennifer about books she's read, favorite books, books she wants to read. Anything book related! Don't forget to check out "The Last Movie I Saw" on the right hand side.

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Leisure Seeker

by Michael Zadoorian

The first thing I would like to say is I thought this book would be funnier. From the description I thought an ailing couple, travelling across the country in an old RV would be quite amusing. It has some funny parts but also was full of more sadness. It dealt with memories, illness, and alzheimers and being a care giver.

I was a little disappointed. I felt that the chapter per state was rather dull after Texas, anecdotes, places, etc on their driving trip. I thought I was reading someone's journal. The book was easy to read and follow.

That is about all I can say since I do not want to give away anything about the ending.

My book club discussion was all members over the age of 50 or so and many were widows or had taken care of ailing parents with disease or just old age. The discussion focused on caregiving and aging.

2 out of 5 rating

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home